Time has been scarce but I managed to save a little to update BaseApp Orange.
BaseApp Orange is a fork from BaseApp in attempt to make it a more suitable backoffice and structure for my own projects but it might have something you like. It’s like I made a base for a cake and you take care of the filling.
Anyway, here’s the main changes:
- app was updated to Rails 2.3.4
- added New Relic Gem
- added inherited_resources plugin which enabled me to reduce a lot of code in the REST admin controllers
- cleaned up and improved admin theme and code
- improved admin generator according to inherited_resources. After creating your model run script/generate adminator model_name
- added iPhone style Checkboxes to admin theme. thanks to Thomas Reynolds.
- replaced FckEditor with TinyMCE. There should be a speed increase.
The code for the project can be found at BaseApp Orange Github page.
Here’s some images: